Sorry I missed all of you over the weekend. It was a short weekend and I really didn't have time to stop by and visit. I hope you had that glass of wine without me! I had mine without you and trust me...it was well deserved!
Saturday was a day filled with laundry, cleaning, errands, etc. I was on a roll and feeling like I had accomplished so much Saturday...I had big plans to do some serious purging on Sunday! My goal was to load up our midsize SUV or my "Roller Skate" as my friend calls our car! Yes, I do have friends! Anyway, I was going to load up the car and make at least one trip to Goodwill! That is a good goal, right? Well, we loaded up the car and it was packed to the gills! But it wasn't for a trip to Goodwill as planned...instead, it was a trip to take the Princess back to school! Originally her Dad was going to take her back to school. Then on Saturday night at 9pm, he informs her he cannot take her the following day! Mom and James to the rescue! Of course we would take her! Except, actually, we didn't take her, just her stuff!
My, oh my! You have never seen so much sh*t in all of your life! As a matter of fact, you really couldn't see all the stuff because it was packed in storage tubs. But let me tell ya...Princess had a lot! I commented early on that I felt like we were traveling like a rock star...imagine Beyonce or Mariah Carey with all of their Louis Vuitton trunks, except these trunks were of the Sterlite and Rubbermaid line! Not quite the same!Well, I have a plan! You see, we had to bring all of the "Sterlite" and "Rubbermaid" luggage back home because there is absolutely no place for the Princess to store these mammoth pieces of plastic...all 8 of them! So, next time, before the trunk pieces return to transport the Princesses belongings on the next trip, they will be designer! They will be designed by her Momma, Southern Belle, and have cute little "LV" logos painted all over them! Won't she just love that? Maybe I should do my own line and paint a "SB" logo all over them. After all, she is the baby Southern Belle!
Back to the trip, don't think for one minute that she only had the "Sterlite" and "Rubbermaid" transporting her designer duds and accessories! Oh no! Girlfriend also had her large and medium size pink and white polka dot luggage too! Not to mention...blankets, pillows, and TV. Then there were the 3 or 4 bags from Trader Joes with yummy food and beverages for the Princess. We even had two coolers full of frozen and refrigerated food!
We drive into the dorm parking lot and pull up to the curb to unload and I watch in amazement as all the other students are unloading their cars with maybe two bags...ok, sometimes three bags. Then there were those carrying in their 5 or 6 Walmart bags too! Here is my Princess with her 8 "Sterlite" and "Rubbermaid" trunks, suitcases, coolers, etc. and I am wondering where is she going to put all of this stuff she has brought with her!!! Certainly, she must be renting dorm room closet space from one of her roomies! Yeah right! I don't think so! All she can tell me is not to worry, it will all fit!
Sunday was a long day, but worth it for my Princess! We had a good trip and many laughs. She is definitely glad to be back at school, but her Momma misses her tons! There was a 25+ degree difference in temperature of home (35 F) and school (61 F) last night when we finally got back to the ATL! Not sure why she needs so many "Puffy Jackets" as she calls them, but hey...at least she has a choice in color! For a woman, it is all about having choices! Today has been a day of recovery and tomorrow will be getting back into the swing of things around here...maybe a day to fill the "Roller Skate" with goodies for Goodwill!
I am looking forward to relaxing and watching "24" tonight! It is one of my favorite shows on TV and I cannot wait! I really missed it last year when the writers were on strike. If you have never seen it, you can catch it tonight at 8pm on Fox.
Gotta run! Have a good night y'all!
Southern Belle
P.S. The picture of the car was taken after it had already started being unpacked...we were not able to see out the back of the glass! When I pulled out my camera, she said,"Mom! Don't! You better not put this on your blog!"
No comments:
Post a Comment