Sunday, January 04, 2009

Knitting My First "Yarn" Hat!

Hey Y'all,
I didn't post yesterday because I was out running around most of the day and was tired when we did get home. James and I went and spent our Kohl's cash, did some returns, and had lunch at the Atlanta Bread Company. I love eating at the Atlanta Bread Company, but it is expensive. We don't eat there often and if it had been James' choice, it would have been Wendy's!

So, when we got home, instead of starting my embroidery right away, I came downstairs to take a power nap while watching the Falcons play in the wildcard playoff game. I ended up starting a project I have wanted to start for a long time and worked on it until midnight! I started just yesterday to teach myself to knit and my first project is a hat! Our night was a quiet one...I was knitting while James and I watched the playoff games and then James played his video games during halftime of the two games! Exciting night, huh? Oh yeah, the excitement was the two glasses of wine I had and James enjoyed a few Sam Adams! I think we are getting old...James is anyway! The wine I had was some Pinot Grigio that my sister Ashlie gave me for Christmas and it was mmmm, mmmmm good! Thanks sis! I will have to post the type of wine later because it was very good!

As far as my knitting goes, I have started with a loom that is easy to make scarves and hats. I want to learn to knit without a loom, but figured this is the easiest way to begin and teach myself. If any of you know how to knit and want to teach me, I would be a great attentive student. My Grandmomma used to crochet all the time when we were younger and I have thought of asking her to teach me to crochet, but I really don't know if she is up to teaching me. I will have to give a her a call this week! I think I would be a very fast learner...we will see. In the meantime, I love the loom! It is great to be able to do something while watching TV that is mindless and doesn't strain my eyes! Of course, I am making James crazy because I go from one thing to another! He asked me last night, "So are you going to knit or embroider? You go from one to the other!" I just laughed and thought to myself, "I am woman! I can do both!" LOL!

Well, I must run now. I am working on my eBay and want to finish up my hat today. If I complete it tonight, I will post a picture. I asked James last night if I knitted him a hat, would he wear it and he told me, "Hell NO! Who wears yarn hats?" I laughed my a*s off at his reply! I told him I will put a face on his hat with a pom pom on top and he said he would wear it if I made it a long hat with a pom pom on the end...like a ski hat! I will have to come up with something creative just for my sweetie! If I can somehow put something "Porsche" on the hat, he will wear it regardless of how goofy it looks! The picture above is of my hat in progress. I ran out of yarn, so I need to run down to Michael's. I wish Walmart carried yarn, but that would be too convenient! If you have any ideas for James' hat, let me know. I am including a picture of him in his Porsche about to do an autocross race just to help generate ideas for his "yarn" hat! I guess people that drive Porsches definitely don't wear "yarn" hats! Well, there is a first for everything! LOL!

Well, I will talk to y'all later. Be sure to check back this evening or tomorrow for pictures of my hat. I am not sure the first hat will be for James, but I am definitely making him one! Also, tomorrow I am starting a contest on the blog that should be fun. More to come tomorrow! Do something creative and relaxing today!

For a good laugh, be sure to check out James' brother, Pete's blog about the VW Scooby Doo Mystery Machine trip! They are having a blast on their way back to Florida! Have fun Pete and LeeAnn...or Shaggy and LeeAnn! Sorry you missed the ATL! Count Chocula wanted his picture in the shaggin' wagon!

Ciao!

P.S. "Survey Says..." There is a survey on the right hand side of the blog...please answer my survey!

No comments: