Today has been a quiet day at home. I have been cleaning a little and attempting to do some laundry. I have also finished up our Christmas cards that will be sent out tomorrow! Yes, what is the point, right? Well, I started them, so I had to finish them! Better late than never! Look for your card in the mail soon! They are on their way...promise!
James has been engrossed in this new video game today. He got it last week and is trying to play it until it wears out! LOL! I don't know the name of the game, but it looks to be in a dungeon and there are potions involved! Sound fun or enticing? I don't think so...it is definitely not my cup of tea! But he seems to be enjoying the game and it keeps the puppies calm because they are laying right next to him or at his feet.
James is just a big kid! He loves video games, but he hardly ever plays them. It seems that the only time he ever does play is around the holidays when he is off of work and it is cold and dreary outside. Otherwise, he is golfing or competing in some type of Porsche event! You know him...he loves his cars more than he loves me! Just kidding! Did you know his cars have names? His red Porsche is Roxie and the gold Porsche is Goldie! He loves to take them on dates and usually I am not invited! Ha! Ha! He likes blonds, red heads, and brunettes! What a fickle boy! So, I am trying to decide what to list on eBay this weekend. I always try to start my listings on Sundays and then they last for a week. The thing is that to do one listing, it takes a (little) while. You have to take the pictures, load them on the computer, upload them to the picture hosting service and then get the HTML code to post them in the listing! Then you have to write the descriptions and create the listings! I use TurboLister to create my listings and it usually goes pretty quickly because I have a template set up that makes it easy. However, if I were to try to show you how I do it all, your head would spin! eBay is fun and I do enjoy selling on there, but because I am such a perfectionist, it takes me longer than the average bear! I like to create fancy schmancy listings with coordinating colors and backgrounds! I guess it is the creative side of me.
Many of you know that I sell a lot of vintage items and I love to sell vintage lingerie. Believe it or not, vintage lingerie sells extremely well! Usually, vintage items sell very well! To give you an idea of what I sell...I bought this fabulous vintage "Pinup" swimsuit this past year at the thrift store. It was a gorgeous suit in mint condition! I paid $2.00 - $3.00 for the suit and ended up selling it for close to $100.00! Yeah, I did pretty well with that one! Now they all don't do that well, but it is nice when they do! Another hot seller is vintage panties...yes, "Granny" panties! Can you believe that? It is true and guess what? It isn't always women buying them...a lot of men buy them to wear them! Don't ask me because that is all I know! But they are called "Sissy" panties! Yep, it is true! Look on eBay for yourself! Crazy world, huh?My problem lately is that I have so much stuff here and it sells better if you have take your pictures with someone modeling the clothes. Well, my model that I had tentatively hired over the holidays bailed on me! Her name is Kylie Jane Kremer and it seems her social life is more important! Anyone know her? LOL! If you have seen her, please call me! I am offering a reward! If I could just pin that child down for a couple of hours of her time! It just doesn't ever seem to happen. I guess I could get my Mom or one of my Sisters to model some of the jewelry, but they are all so busy and Mom lives so far away now. I sure wish she still lived right around the corner! Miss you Mom!
So, this weekend we will be watching football and I will be playing with my new toy I got for Christmas...the Singer SES1000 sewing machine! It is the greatest machine because it is a sewing machine, embroidery machine, and serger all in one! Talk about fancy schmancy! I just love it because it does so many great things. All of the fancy stitches are incredible. I have not completed a project yet, but hope to embroider a blanket this weekend for Kylie. When I get it done, I will show pictures. I am going to embroider it with her sorority logo...Phi Mu! The blanket is navy blue fleece and I will use bright hot pink thread. I hope it turns out pretty!
Also, tomorrow I will be making a trip to Kohl's to spend my $50 Kohl's cash that has to be spent by tomorrow. I listed it on Craigslist for $45, but no one has called or emailed. I would rather have the cash, but it looks like I will be stuck with Kohl's merchandise. I am telling ya, the older I get, the less I like to shop! Oh yes, Bath and Body Works is also having a sale on their Wallflowers, so I may stop by there too. The sale ends Sunday, so I need to get there sometime this weekend.
Hey, one more thing...do any of you have a Facebook page? I do! I have never used it, but Kylie finally approved me as one of her friends a couple of days ago! Yippee! I have been "requesting" to be her friend for months and she has never approved my request. Well, I guess it was a late Christmas present, because I am now her friend! So, I have a total of 3 friends...Kylie, Kylie's friend Holly, and my sister's friend Andi! Hip Hip Hooray! I hope I get some other friends soon! Andi "wrote on my wall" that my page needed help! I am working on it, but it is time consuming just like anything else! Can I make it fancy schmancy like my eBay listings and my blog? I am going to have to find out what my options are...but I promise no music when the page loads!
I hate when music plays when the page loads on eBay listings, websites, and MySpace! What the heck? What if you are at work and shouldn't be on that page? No way! No music for my online adventures! Although, I always tell James, "My life would be more dramatic if I always had background music playing!" Just kidding! My life has enough drama in it from the Kremer's! I don't need anymore! More details to come from that storyline! and let me tell ya, it is high drama! I just need to write a book to tell all! Stay tuned!
So, what are you doing this weekend? I hope you do something you love to do! Check back tomorrow for an update...maybe I will have my first embroidery project complete!
Happy Birthday Brother! Love Ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment