Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Longing For Spring To Play In the Dirt

Hey Y'all,
It started off as another cold rainy winter day in Hotlanta. However, this afternoon it warmed up enough to usher in the first signs of spring! Late this afternoon, the skies grew dark and it became eerily still and calm outside. Soon after the calm, we were greeted with superb thunderstorms featuring super size hail, gusting and howling high winds, tornado warnings complete with blaring emergency sirens, pounding heavy rain and a magnificent light show. You know what this means? Spring is right around the corner! Woohoo!

I have to admit, I haven't felt really inspired to write much lately, but do feel the need to express myself in a creative way. Thus, I am happy to bring you a collection of pictures from the Southern Belle archives. Of course, if you know me, you know these pictures are going to be something to remind us of spring and warmer days! I will just call these photographs my flower and insect collection!

I have taken all of these photographs myself in the past three or four years and all of these flowers are in (or were in) my own garden! Although I HATE bugs (mainly the ones in my house), these little insects in the garden are my friends! I am anxiously awaiting the time of year where I can play and dig in the dirt, while socializing with the keepers of my garden! Today's tumultuous weather indicates gardening weather is just around the corner!

I hope you enjoy my pictures! If you have some pretty gardening pictures to share, please email them to me at southernbelleblog@gmail.com. I would love to do a blog post with guest's pictures in the near future.

Butterfly Bush with Bee

Double Impatient

Zinnia & Butterfly

Morning Glory

Hydrangea

Cosmos ~ Big Guy Always Wins!

Fuschia

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I can't wait for spring!

Love your pictures!! You make me want to go buy a new camera :)